Saturday, November 14, 2009

BL14_2009113_Researching and Blogging about Web 2.0 tools


SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 8, 2009

McKinley_Megan_Researching and Blogging about Web 2.0 Tools 3

http://www.zinepal.com/ is this amazing Web 2.0 site where you can turn your blogs into a printable magazine. This is exciting because after this class I could go back and take all the blogs I have written for this class and turn them into a professional looking magazine that I could take along with my on job interviews to show my media background. It would be a great site to use with students as well because you could have them blog on literature as they were reading novels in your English class, and then have them turn all of their blogs into a really exciting magazine as their final projects. This would be a great lesson that would really engage the "whole brain" learning approach, as it involves critical thinking skills, as well as creativity. Students could upload photos or graphics to make their magazines more visually exciting and it would be something they could take away from class and add to their own professional portfolios. I am definitely going to try this site once I am done with this class, so that I could have a paper version of all the hard work I have done in this class. I think students would also get a sense of accomplishment from having their very own magazine to have at the end of my classes. I also think I could use this site in my Journalism class to show students the differences between Newspapers and Magazine layouts. I am really excited to try out this tool both in my own life and in my classes.


Zinepal Solutions Inc. (2008-2009). Zinepal. Now you are the editor. Retrieved November 8, 2009, from http://www.zinepal.com/


2 COMMENTS:

HardyReeves said...
Megan! This site is awesome! I just tried it by having it pull my blogs from here and boom 30 seconds no joke it was ready! I can see my students working together on a classroom blog creating short stories, adding images, and then either printing them out or posting the pdf file on our classroom site for people to download at home. THANK YOU for this site sooo bookmarked (and will be on delicious soon too!)
ETC - Orr_Toni_Blog said...
Megan, Another great site to use in the classroom. I taught Journalism last year and the kids would have really enjoyed using this. The students could use this outside of school for a project and then print it out and bring it in to the teacher. Know this site will be blocked at school but I could put together a research project for the students to collaborate on at home to encourage Web 2.0 technology.

No comments:

Post a Comment